- Contract (Services)
- 20 month
- 11 Jul 2019
- 26 Aug 2019 to 30 Apr 2021
- 13 Aug 2019 00:00
Northern Ireland and REPUBLIC of IRELAND
- Ulster Wildlife Trust Belfast
Development of a landscape-scale wildfire management plan in 2 upland peatland SACs - Cuilcagh Mountain SAC (NI) and Cuilcagh-Anierin Uplands SAC (ROI).
Total Quantity or Scope
On behalf of the Collaborative Action for the Natura Network (CANN), Ulster Wildlife is seeking to appoint a competent and suitably qualified consultant to provide a landscape-scale wildfire management plan for Cuilcagh Mountain Special Area of Conservation (SAC) in Co. Fermanagh and Cuilcagh-Anierin Uplands SAC in Co. Cavan and Co. Leitrim. Initial stakeholder conservations through the CANN project highlighted the need for a more cohesive and collaborative approach to wildfire management, given the cross-border nature of these SACs and potential for fire to spread between jurisdictions. The consultant will be required to prepare a landscape scale wildfire management plan, that delivers appropriate protection for both SAC’s natural ecosystems services and designated habitats (approx. 12 480 ha). A site-specific plan is required that recommends appropriate best practice management techniques to deal with wildfire, as part of a wider suite of upland management prescriptions. Recommendations from this wildfire management plan will be incorporated into the conservation action plan being developed through the CANN project.
- 90712400 - Natural resources management or conservation strategy planning services
- 90700000 - Environmental services
- 90710000 - Environmental management
- 90720000 - Environmental protection
- Bids should cover the whole contract.
- Options are not available.
- Renewals are not available.
- Staff qualifications are relevant.
- OJEU 324566-2019