- Contract (Works)
- 20.5 month (est.)
- 12 Apr 2021
- 05 Oct 2020 to 24 Jun 2022 (est.)
Sheffield City Council seek a principal contractor to complete the design and build of Heart of the City Block H. The block comprises two distinct elements, these being: • Block H2: 7 storey new build office comprising circa 40 000 sq ft of office space with retail/food and beverage units below. Construction works will be taken to CAT A level ready for tenant fit out. • Block H3: Refurbishment of existing buildings on Cambridge Street and Wellington Street and construction of a new arrival building and covered event space to provide spaces for food and beverage and event operators to fit out. One of the buildings to be retained is Grade II listed. New build elements will be constructed to BREEM Very Good/Excellent standards and align with Sheffield’s aspirations for net zero carbon construction. The contract will be procured on RIBA Stage 3 design. The chosen procurement route is single stage design and build with defined provisional sums and assumptions for such elements that cannot be fully priced at tender stage in order to provide a proportionate balance of commercial risk. The proposed contract form will be JCT Design and Build 2016 with amendments.
|1|| Henry Boot Construction (Sheffield) |
|Health and safety||5.0|
- 45213110 - Shop buildings construction work
- 45211340 - Multi-dwelling buildings construction work
- 45262690 - Refurbishment of run-down buildings
- 45262700 - Building alteration work
- 45262800 - Building extension work
- 92522200 - Preservation services of historical buildings
- Award on basis of price and quality.
- OJEU 179692-2021