- Contract (Supply)
- 1 year
- 15 Jun 2021
- To 21 Jul 2022 (est.)
- 14 Jul 2021 11:00
- university’s new flagship centre for integrative semiconductor materials
- industrial or laboratory furnaces
- integrative semiconductor materials
- semiconductor research
- specialist semiconductor processing
- university’s centre for integrative semiconductor materials
- wide bandgap semiconductor laser annealing tool
- proposed wide bandgap semiconductor laser annealing tool
Newport Wafer Fab
- Swansea University Swansea
The University’s new flagship Centre for Integrative Semiconductor Materials (CISM) aims to further stimulate growth in this area by delivering a bespoke, integrated facility for semiconductor research and technology development. Prior to the CISM facility being completed, the University seeks to procure specialist semiconductor processing and characterisation equipment of which the proposed Wide Bandgap Semiconductor Laser Annealing Tool (hereafter the ‘WBG-LAT’) is a major element.
Total Quantity or Scope
The University’s Centre for Integrative Semiconductor Materials (CISM) will allow state-of-the-art cleanroom and laboratory space to house new fabrication and characterisation equipment. Prior to CISM's completion, the University seeks to procure the proposed Wide Bandgap Semiconductor Laser Annealing Tool which is due to be located at Swansea University and its industrial partner Newport Wafer Fab.
- 42300000 - Industrial or laboratory furnaces, incinerators and ovens
- Bids should cover the whole contract.
- Renewals are not available.
- Award on basis of price and quality.
Since the CISM build currently underway at the University's Bay campus is not due to be completed until 2022, this equipment will be delivered and installed at Newport Wafer Fab, Cardiff Road, Duffryn, Newport NP10 8YJ. Note: the authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. To obtain further information record your interest on Sell2Wales at https://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/search/search_switch.aspx?ID=111055 (WA Ref:111055) The buyer considers that this contract is suitable for consortia.
- OJEU 301055-2021