- Find a Tender
- Contract (Works)
- 27 year
- 11 Aug 2021
- To 18 Oct 2048 (est.)
- 10 Sep 2021 11:00
- Town & Country Housing Tunbridge Wells
Town and Country Housing ("TCH") is seeking to procure a Maintenance Agreement and Joint Venture Partner to deliver repairs, maintenance and planned improvement works to its housing stock portfolio. TCH owns circa 10,000 properties dispersed throughout the whole of Kent and parts of East Sussex. The properties are a mixture of tenures consisting of general needs, market rented, leasehold and shared ownership. The Maintenance Agreement will be awarded for an initial period of 12.5 years, with the option to extend until 31st March 2050 at TCH's sole discretion. TCH does not intend to extend the contract by a single extension period of 15 years, but would explore extensions of shorter durations (for example, three periods of extension of five years each) . Although initially centred on the delivery of repairs and voids the contract has the provision to add in multiple additional workstreams and more detail is provided in the Descriptive Document.
Total Quantity or Scope
TCH will adopt a contractual structure whereby TCH and the successful tenderer will enter into a contractual joint venture arrangement and may establish a new JV vehicle (the JV) and deliver the Programme. the proposed model is explained in more detail in the "Contract Structure" section of the Descriptive Document. The value of the core services (i.e. those services included in scope from contract commencement) is circa £5.2 million per annum and the total potential value of the contract with all options included is circa £700m over the whole term (including all possible extensions to 2050). … Although initially centred on the delivery of repairs and voids the contract has the provision to add in multiple additional workstreams including (but not limited to) cyclical maintenance services and planned and major works as set out in the procurement documents. The procurement is being undertaken using a "Competitive Dialogue" procedure (in accordance with Regulation 30 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015). Under the first stage of the process, bidders are required to complete a Selection Questionnaire ("SQ Stage") and associated appendices. Following evaluation of submitted SQs, TCH anticipates inviting six bidders to participate in the second stage of process and submit "Detailed Solutions" ("ISDS" Stage), following which it will shortlist three bidders to participate in Competitive Dialogue ("CD Stage") and submit Final Tenders ("ISFT" Stage). Full details of the requirements, the evaluation criteria and how to participate are included in the procurement documents, and a summary is provided in the Descriptive Document. Additional information: Prospective bidders should note that TUPE will apply to the contract; prospective bidders are advised to seek their own independent advice about the implications of TUPE.
The initial term of the arrangement will be 12.5 years, extendable by a further 15 years at the client's sole discretion and as set out further in the procurement documents
- 45000000 - Construction work
- 31518200 - Emergency lighting equipment
- 31527260 - Lighting systems
- 31625000 - Burglar and fire alarms
- 33196200 - Devices for the disabled
- 34928510 - Street-lighting columns
- 44115500 - Sprinkler systems
- 44480000 - Miscellaneous fire-protection equipment
- 45232452 - Drainage works
- 45261210 - Roof-covering work
- 45261211 - Roof-tiling work
- 45261910 - Roof repair
- 45261920 - Roof maintenance work
- 45262660 - Asbestos-removal work
- 45300000 - Building installation work
- 45310000 - Electrical installation work
- 45330000 - Plumbing and sanitary works
- 45331100 - Central-heating installation work
- 45343100 - Fireproofing work
- 45343230 - Sprinkler systems installation work
- 45350000 - Mechanical installations
- 45400000 - Building completion work
- 45410000 - Plastering work
- 45420000 - Joinery and carpentry installation work
- 45421112 - Installation of window frames
- 45421130 - Installation of doors and windows
- 45421132 - Installation of windows
- 45421151 - Installation of fitted kitchens
- 45430000 - Floor and wall covering work
- 45440000 - Painting and glazing work
- 45450000 - Other building completion work
- 45451000 - Decoration work
- 50000000 - Repair and maintenance services
- 50232100 - Street-lighting maintenance services
- 50413200 - Repair and maintenance services of firefighting equipment
- 50700000 - Repair and maintenance services of building installations
- 50710000 - Repair and maintenance services of electrical and mechanical building installations
- 50720000 - Repair and maintenance services of central heating
- 50870000 - Repair and maintenance services of playground equipment
- 71317200 - Health and safety services
- 79512000 - Call centre
- 90650000 - Asbestos removal services
- 90922000 - Pest-control services
- 92222000 - Closed circuit television services
- Variant bids may be considered.
- This is a one-off contract (no recurrence)
- Options are available.
- Renewals are not available.
- Professional qualifications are sought.
- Staff qualifications are relevant.
** PREVIEW NOTICE, please check Find a Tender for full details. ** TCH reserves the right to cancel the procurement and not to proceed with the long term Contract at any stage of the procurement process. TCH also reserves the right not to award a contract. TCH will not be liable for any costs incurred by those expressing an interest or tendering for this contract. The contract value is anticipated to be at least £5.2m/annum initially, and at least £150m across the entire optioned contract duration of 27.5 years. This is based on an estimate of the value of repairs and voids services; without allowance for price indexation or stock growth through the new build programme and is set out further in the procurement documents. In the event that TCH elects to include the additional services referred to in section II.2.4 of this Contract Notice, it is anticipated that the estimated value of the contract will be up to £700m (based on an estimation of the potential value of the additional services which may come into scope and on a worked example of when they may commence including indexation) TCH is procuring a single Contract in a single Lot to gain the commercial efficiencies of a single contractor and to enable the creation of a Joint Venture Company. The award criteria questions and weightings are provided in the ISDS documentation. All parties who register an interest in bidding for the contract will be sent a formal invite to a Supplier Briefing event (to be held on MS Teams) via the procurement portal. A copy of the presentation(s) from the event and a summary of any questions/answers from the session will be issued to all bidders via the portal.
- FTS 019459-2021