- Find a Tender
- Contract (Works)
- 5 year
- 24 Feb 2022
- To 22 Apr 2027 (est.)
- 25 Mar 2022 16:00
Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan: Bro Tathan St Athan Vale of Glamorgan CF62 4AF
- Welsh Government Cardiff
Note. This is a Works and Services contract. The Welsh Government (the Employer) is seeking to appoint an Independent Distribution Network Operator to carry out three workstreams at the Bro Tathan Business Park. The workstreams are: (1) Design, Build, Finance and Operate a new High Voltage Power Connection to the Welsh Government owned Bro Tathan Site. (2) Undertake works to design and construct HV and LV diversions within the Bro Tathan Business Park to provide electricity supply to existing and proposed development sites. (3) Until such time that the private networks are replaced, provide ongoing maintenance, management and operation of the existing private wire network including management of commercial arrangements with onsite tenants.
Total Quantity or Scope
Further detail is included within the procurement documents. Additional information: Further detail is included within the procurement documents.
There is an option to extend the Contract by a further 24 months
- 45231400 - Construction work for electricity power lines
- 65000000 - Public utilities
- 65300000 - Electricity distribution and related services
- 31000000 - Electrical machinery, apparatus, equipment and consumables; lighting
- 31320000 - Power distribution cables
- 31321300 - High-voltage cable
- 45315400 - High voltage installation work
- 45232200 - Ancillary works for electricity power lines
- 45232220 - Substation construction work
- 45232221 - Transformer substation
- 51112100 - Installation services of electricity distribution equipment
- 65310000 - Electricity distribution
- 65320000 - Operation of electrical installations
- This is a one-off contract (no recurrence)
- Renewals are available.
- Professional qualifications are sought.
- Staff qualifications are relevant.
** PREVIEW NOTICE, please check Find a Tender for full details. ** Further detail is included within the procurement documents. NOTE: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. To obtain further information record your interest on Sell2Wales at https://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/search/search_switch.aspx?ID=118880 Under the terms of this contract the successful supplier(s) will be required to deliver Community Benefits in support of the authority’s economic and social objectives. Accordingly, contract performance conditions may relate in particular to social and environmental considerations. The Community Benefits included in this contract are: Under the terms of this contract, the successful supplier will be required to deliver Community Benefits in support of the authority’s economic and social objectives. Bidders are invited, in particular, to offer commitments in relation to new employment opportunities, opportunities for skills development and opportunities for SMEs and contributing to apprenticeships, training and education and promoting the circular economy through engagement with their supply chain and assuring supply chain payments. (WA Ref:118880) The buyer considers that this contract is suitable for consortia.
- FTS 005149-2022