- Find a Tender
- Contract (Services)
- 12 year
- 01 Nov 2022
- To 09 Dec 2034 (est.)
- 09 Dec 2022 12:00
Across the geographical boundaries of North Lanarkshire Council area
- North Lanarkshire Council Motherwell
North Lanarkshire Council (the 'Authority') has an ambitious vision to re-invent North Lanarkshire as the place to Live, Learn, Work, Invest and Visit. Through the Enterprise Project (the 'Project') an ambitious programme of regeneration and infrastructure investment, the Authority aims to implement a vision that enables inclusive growth and prosperity that will significantly improve the quality of life and wellbeing of North Lanarkshire’s communities. As part of the Project the Authority is seeking a Contractor to provide reactive maintenance, incident response services, routine maintenance, winter maintenance planning / delivery, network inspections, investment / improvement projects and programmes and other related work to the Authority's existing roads assets at scale, (the 'Affected Properties').
Total Quantity or Scope
The Authority is proposing to establish a single Contract with a Contractor to provide the Services which shall include reactive maintenance, incident response services, routine maintenance, winter maintenance planning / delivery, network inspections, investment / improvement projects and programmes and other related work to the Authority's existing roads assets at scale, for a minimum contract term of 8 years, maximum contract term of 12 years including all extensions. The Contract is expected to drive efficiencies, bring innovation, deliver value for money and continuous improvement and contribute positive social impact proportionate to the scope and value of the contract to support the Authority in meeting and exceeding the Project objectives. The estimated contract value is 450m GBP over the full contract term (including all extensions) and is based on the Authority’s estimated future budgets. There is no guarantee of this level of business. Core Services to be provided will include inter alia delivery of roads Reactive Maintenance and Incident Response Services (Order Type A) and Routine Maintenance, Winter Maintenance Planning / Delivery, and Network Inspections (Order Type B). Core Projects & Programmes will include life cycle replacements of components of assets at scale (including but not limited to replacement of Carriageways & Car Parks, Footways, Footpaths, Pedestrian Areas, Other Paved Areas & Cycle Tracks, Structures, Street Lighting, Street Furniture, Traffic Management Systems, Land and Professional Services (Order Type C) and Other Related Work (Order Type D)). Further details of this opportunity are set out in the procurement documents. Please see Section VI.3 for details relating to the Single Procurement Document (SPD) and other procurement documents being released at this stage. Candidates should note that the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (SI 2006/246) (“TUPE”) may apply to this contract. Further details will be provided in the Invitation to Negotiate (ITN) issued to the Candidates invited to submit initial tenders. The Services will be delivered to the following asset types including but not limited to: Maintenance of carriageways and car parks, footpaths and pedestrian areas, street lighting and street furniture, maintaining land and specialist assets, structures and maintaining traffic management systems; Investments/Improvements – upgrade of carriageways, traffic calming measures, paved and pedestrian areas, new infrastructure for traffic management systems, upgrades/replacement of street scene/amenity furniture, street lighting, asset surveys and provision of consultancy and investigation professional services.
Up to four one-year performance related extensions may be earned by the Contractor to extend the core 8-year contract term. The opportunity to earn these extensions shall be considered at fixed points during the core term. The Authority may invoke discretionary extensions of up to four years beyond the core 8-year contract term, by serving 24 months prior written notice. The Affected Properties by its very nature will be subject to change. There may be a need over the term of the proposed contract to allow the Authority to remove, add, or change the roads and structures of the Affected Properties (including on a temporary, emergency and short/medium term basis to accommodate the services to be delivered by the Authority and other organisations eligible to use the Contract) and to vary the Contract accordingly including the overall value of the contract estimated at paragraph II.1.5 of this Contract Notice. The mechanism for changes is set out in the Procurement Documents.
- 50000000 - Repair and maintenance services
- 31158100 - Battery chargers
- 31600000 - Electrical equipment and apparatus
- 43325000 - Park and playground equipment
- 44000000 - Construction structures and materials; auxiliary products to construction (except electric apparatus)
- 44100000 - Construction materials and associated items
- 44113000 - Road-construction materials
- 44113910 - Winter-maintenance materials
- 45000000 - Construction work
- 45112000 - Excavating and earthmoving work
- 45112723 - Landscaping work for playgrounds
- 45200000 - Works for complete or part construction and civil engineering work
- 45212314 - Historical monument or memorial construction work
- 45215000 - Construction work for buildings relating to health and social services, for crematoriums and public conveniences
- 45215400 - Cemetery works
- 45216125 - Emergency-services building construction work
- 45220000 - Engineering works and construction works
- 45221000 - Construction work for bridges and tunnels, shafts and subways
- 45222000 - Construction work for engineering works except bridges, tunnels, shafts and subways
- 45223000 - Structures construction work
- 45230000 - Construction work for pipelines, communication and power lines, for highways, roads, airfields and railways; flatwork
- 45233000 - Construction, foundation and surface works for highways, roads
- 45236000 - Flatwork
- 45310000 - Electrical installation work
- 45316000 - Installation work of illumination and signalling systems
- 45316110 - Installation of road lighting equipment
- 45340000 - Fencing, railing and safety equipment installation work
- 50230000 - Repair, maintenance and associated services related to roads and other equipment
- 50232000 - Maintenance services of public-lighting installations and traffic lights
- 50232100 - Street-lighting maintenance services
- 50232110 - Commissioning of public lighting installations
- 50232200 - Traffic-signal maintenance services
- 50514200 - Repair and maintenance services of reservoirs
- 50870000 - Repair and maintenance services of playground equipment
- 66518300 - Insurance claims adjustment services
- 71000000 - Architectural, construction, engineering and inspection services
- 71200000 - Architectural and related services
- 71300000 - Engineering services
- 71400000 - Urban planning and landscape architectural services
- 71500000 - Construction-related services
- 71600000 - Technical testing, analysis and consultancy services
- 71700000 - Monitoring and control services
- 77310000 - Planting and maintenance services of green areas
- 79000000 - Business services: law, marketing, consulting, recruitment, printing and security
- 79410000 - Business and management consultancy services
- 90600000 - Cleaning and sanitation services in urban or rural areas, and related services
- 90610000 - Street-cleaning and sweeping services
- 90620000 - Snow-clearing services
- 90630000 - Ice-clearing services
- 90690000 - Graffiti removal services
- 90700000 - Environmental services
- Bids should cover the whole contract.
- This is a recurring contract.
- Options are available.
- Renewals are available.
- Financial restrictions apply.
- Performance considerations apply.
- Professional qualifications are sought.
- Award on basis of price.
Candidates should read and refer to the Instructions to Candidates document (ITC). Failure to comply with the ITC may result in a Candidate's SPD submission being rejected. Candidates may be excluded from this competition if they are in any of the situations referred to in regulation 58 of the Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2015. Section I.2 – Authority bodies which can use the Contract to access the services are the Authority and the Authority’s arms' length external organisations, which include, but may not be limited to: Routes to Work Ltd, Fusion Assets Ltd, North Lanarkshire Properties LLP and NL Property Investments Ltd. Part II: Information Concerning the Bidder and Part VI: Concluding statements Candidates unable to complete this part of the SPD may be excluded from the Procurement. The Authority has determined that the application of multiple lots will not be utilised for this Procurement. The decision not to utilise multiple lots is justified as follows; (i) a competitive market exists for the full scope of requirements; (ii) delivery of inter-linked service provision is best delivered through a single provider and is a fundamental characteristic of the Enterprise Project delivery model; (iii) the cost of procurement is likely to be higher if lotting is used; (iv) the cost of contract management is also likely to be higher; and (v) lotting may lose potential economies of scale and therefore value of delivering across the geography of North Lanarkshire. The estimated contract value is 450m GBP over the full contract term (including all extensions) based on the Authority’s estimated future budgets for the Services. There is no guarantee of this level of business. The estimated contract value relates to any Services (Core Services and Core Programmes) which may be reasonably required to maintain the Affected Properties over the contract term as set out in the procurement documents, the provision of such services not to be constrained by the estimated contract value. The procurement will be conducted in accordance with the Public Contracts Scotland Regulations 2015 as amended, and any successor legislation which may follow using the competitive procedure with negotiation as set out in Regulation 30 of the Public Contracts Scotland Regulations 2015. The use of the competitive procedure with negotiation is justified on the basis that the Contract cannot be awarded without prior negotiations. The nature and complexity of the Contract and the need to mitigate risk on technical, financial, legal and reputational dimensions necessitates negotiations. The Authority is committed to ensuring delivery of high quality services and to achieving best value through the contract by: 1) securing continuous improvement in the performance and delivery of its function; 2) maintaining an appropriate balance between quality and whole life cost; and 3) actively contributing to sustainable development. It is expected that the Contractor will take a positive approach to the inclusion of a number of fair work practices throughout the Contract Term. Disclaimer The Authority is not liable for any costs incurred, including in respect of expressing an interest, participating in negotiation or in tendering for this opportunity. The Authority reserves the right to terminate the Procurement (or any part of it) at its own discretion. The buyer is using PCS-Tender to conduct this PQQ exercise. The Project code is 22547. For more information see: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/info/InfoCentre.aspx?ID=2343 A sub-contract clause has been included in this contract. For more information see: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/info/InfoCentre.aspx?ID=2363 Community benefits are included in this requirement. For more information see: https://www.gov.scot/policies/public-sector-procurement/community-benefits-in-pr... A summary of the expected community benefits has been provided as follows: Through the Contract, the Authority is looking for an innovative, step-change approach and delivery model for community benefits which maximises opportunities and achieves significant social and economic outcomes and impact across North Lanarkshire. Further details of the Authority’s requirements are provided in the procurement documents. (SC Ref:709016)
- FTS 030855-2022